1. Who can apply?
Any business, school, nonprofit, or group can apply for the Microgrant Program as long as they meet the two major qualifications.
- Must have 25 or fewer employees OR $500,000 or less annual revenue
- Must be located within the five boroughs of New York City
- Priority will be given to businesses that provide proof of the greatest long-term benefit to their operation
2. When is the deadline for the Microgrant Application?
Applications are due on January 8th, 2018 by 5:00pm EST.
3. When will grantees be selected?
The selection process will begin on January 10th, and grantees will be notified of their status by January 31st, 2018.
4. What are the official start and end dates for the program?
The program will officially start once the grantees have been publically announced in early February. The program will continue throughout the year, until December 31st, 2018. Grantees will present their work during the mid-way point at the 2018 NYC Food Waste Fair.
5. What are the responsibilities of the Advisory Committee?
The Advisory Committee is expected to participate in the following:
- Program promotion
- Application assistance
- Orientation with grantees
- 3 check-ins with grantees
- Final debrief with the Foundation
6. Who is on the Advisory Committee?
The Advisory Committee is composed of a cross-section of professionals involved in food waste management – nonprofits, waste management professionals, and government. For more information on each member of the Advisory Committee, click HERE.
7. What are the Application Advisory Periods?
Applicants will have the opportunity to submit application-based questions to be answered by a member of the Advisory Committee during the two application advisory periods:
- December 4th-11th, 2017
- January 2nd-8th, 2018
8. Who is on the Selection Committee?
The Selection Committee is comprised of professionals from both government and the private sector.
9. What are the responsibilities of the Selection Committee?
Selection Committee members will be expected to participate in the following:
- Review grant applications
- 1-2 meetings will full Selection Committee to discuss applications and select final grantees.
10. How are grantees chosen?
Grantees will be chosen through the Program’s Selection Committee. Selection Committee members will rank each application based off of a list of criteria. Afterwards, Committee members will bring the applications together and grantees will be decided through group evaluation.
11. When is the 2018 Food Waste Fair?